The privilege of watching our kids compete has brought much joy and a sense of normalcy to our communities, parents, and coaches. The student athletes have cherished this opportunity. We are all acutely aware these opportunities can be taken away at any moment. With that in mind we are asking all spectators to make sure they are wearing a mask at events. This is a non-negotiable item, set by the MHSAA, that needs to be adhered to if you want to watch your son/daughter compete. Please do not put our coaches and event staff in a position to have uncomfortable conversations with spectators. We all need to do our part so the season can continue. Thanks in advance for following the MHSAA guidelines on this matter. A few other reminders:
- Athletes should have a mask on at all times unless they are competing.
- Coaches should have a mask on at all times.
- Spectators need to remain socially distant from one another.
- No food tables are allowed. All meals must be either taken from home or individually packaged.
- No water stations. Please make sure you have enough water. Recommendation is that coaches have water bottles with them in case they run out during practice/competition.
- Outdoor events are limited to 100 people(includes participants, coaches, and officials) so, please immediate family members only as spectators
- In cross country, please do not gather at the start/finish line
Please understand that a failure to abide by individual host school rules, MHSAA rules, Executive Orders from Governor Whitmer, and/or health department guidelines may result in any/all of the following consequences:
-Removal of individual spectators from competition events
-Removal of all spectators from competition events.
-Suspension of individual competitions.
-Suspension of entire season of competition.