West Ottawa Community
Due to the recent lifting of the Governor’s Stay at Home order and guidance from the NFHS and MHSAA we will be starting outdoor conditioning workouts beginning Monday June 8th. Please be sure to read through the specific instructions on how these workouts will be monitored and facilitated to ensure the safety of all of our athletes. This format will be adjusted after moving through the first week of workouts as our numbers become clearer. Please be sure to review the folowing prior to arriving on Monday for Workouts.
- Start date of June 8
- Program will follow guidelines established by the National Federation of State High School Assoc. (NFHS) and the MHSAA
- Through the first portion of the workouts we will be focusing on functional movement and getting our athletes prepared for a gradual ramp up of strength. With months on inactivity for many, our workouts will be developed to make sure we are slowly building our athletes back up.
- Upon arrival, all athletes will park in lot outside of South Pool area and enter North HS Track area from the South.
- All students will have Scan and utilizing a QR Code will access the NFHS Monitoring Form through Google Forms so we can gather results each day.
- Once scans are complete athletes will be put through a dynamic warmup while maintaining social distance protocols.
- Workout will include a 45 min workout with a 15 min post workout sanitation process. All workouts will be conducted using minimal equipment (bands, body weight, and plate work)
- Students will maintain proper social distance protocol throughout the workout and will use disinfectant wipes before and after using any equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes will be present to ensure proper sanitization processes are being followed.
- Upon completion of workout students will exit the track complex and return home.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle to workouts as no common water will be provided. Students also encouraged to shower and practice proper hygiene upon return home.
Group 1- Football Players Only
7:00-8:30 – Field workout @ North HS Track
Group 2-All Non-Football Male Athletes
8:45-9:45 – Field workout @ North HS Track
Group 3-All Female Athletes
9:45-10:45 – Field workout @ North HS Track