Hello WOMS Students and Families,
Winter I sports season is about to start! Go WO!
** 7th & 8th Grade Girls Swim & Dive**- Monday, October 15
** 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball**- Monday, October 15
** 7th & 8th Grade Competitive Cheer**- Monday, October 29
Below is important information athletes need to be aware of before they can participate:
1. Athletes must have an athletic physical on file dated April 15, 2018 or later in order to participate.
2. Students- please sign up at: https://tinyurl.com/MSWOSPORTS or during lunch
3. Athletes must pay their insurance fee ($33) prior to participating in the tryout/team formation process. Please make checks payable to West Ottawa Public Schools (WOPS). This fee needs to be paid prior to participation. Fees are collected by your student’s school office.
4. Students will need a Panther Card. Panther cards are issued by the middle school athletic office after confirmation an athletic physical is on file, an eligibility check is completed, and insurance fee has been paid. Students will be notified by email when their card is ready to be issued. No Card = No Participation.
Times & Locations
7th & 8th Grade Girls Swim & Dive- Monday, October 15
- Swimmers – Harbor Lights Pool- 3:00- 4:30 p.m.
- Divers- South HS Pool 3:15-5:00 p.m. Contact the middle school athletic office for shuttle information and details- 616-786-1019 or email email@example.com
- Coach will provide a schedule at the conclusion of first practice
7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball Tryouts
Monday, October 15, Tuesday, October 16, and Wednesday, October 17
- 7th Grade- Harbor Lights Gym 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- 8th Grade- Mac Bay Gym 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
- If you are considering participating in basketball tryouts, it is strongly encouraged that your participate on the first day of tryouts.
- Coach will provide a schedule at the conclusion of team formation.
- 7th Grade Basketball informational flier is attached
7th & 8th Grade Competitive Cheer Tryouts
Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30
- Harbor Lights Cafeteria 6:00- 8:00 p.m.
- Attendance is required both days of tryouts
Any questions, please contact the MS Athletic Office at 616-786-1019 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.