Congratulations to the West Ottawa Women’s tennis team on moving to 4-0 in the OK-Red. This leaves ourselves and Rockford as the only unbeaten in the Red. In conference play we have now beaten:
Grand Haven 8-0
We have two OK-Red matches remaining…East Kentwood this Friday, then Rockford on Monday. These next few days will determine the overall ranking in the Red going into next weekends conference tournament.
Today was Senior Day, and we had the opportunity to send out Emily VanDyke and Megan Zimmer with a victory for their last home match at West Ottawa’s courts. They are both incredible individuals, and I love being their coach. Hopefully my two young children will take on many of their qualities as they grow. Both Emily and Megan finished their last home match with a straight set victory over a tough Hudsonville team.
Several former WO players and tennis parents came today. We also had several teachers rooting our team on. To all those who come out and support the team, please understand how much I and all of the players/parents appreciate this. Pat Marsman, our Athletic Director, was there as usual. We are lucky to have an AD who attends SO MANY athletic contests for SO MANY different sports. Not only is it more fun to have an AD who is so passionate about our teams, but the hard work Pat puts in as an AD is part of the reason FOR the success we are having. The support we get is fantastic, and again, I hope all our supporters know that it’s noticed and appreciated.
Ok, back to the scores…here are the full results from today’s match:
West Ottawa d. Hudsonville 8-0
1. Chloe Karp (WO) d. Maddie Brouwer 6-0, 6-0
2. Kayla Lebster (WO) d. Taylor Truman 6-3, 6-1
3. Tyliea Bethke ((WO) d. Kayla Wolma 6-3, 6-2
4. Katie Frauenheim (WO) d. Morgan Jones 6-0, 6-0
1. Alex Coy / Jolene Soriano (WO) d. Ali Vredevoogd 6-2, 7-6
2. Madison Mitchell / Kacey Westenbroek (WO) d. Nicole Harmsen / Jessie Glanville 6-3, 7-6
3. Emily VanDyke / Madison Wollenzier (WO) d. Jessica Bellamy / Kami Lee 6-1, 6-4
4. Megan Zimmer / Caroline Sisson (WO) d. Hadley Stoub / Lindsey Balk 6-3, 6-3
Well done girls.
WOCADEMY – WEST OTTAWA’S SUMMER TENNIS CAMP is taking campers now. This camp has been a major contributor to the current success of our program, and we want to keep this success going.
If you are a fan of west ottawa tennis, I want your help. Here’s what you can do:
1. Sign your child up at http://www.wotennis.com/wocademy.html.
2. Please post information about our tennis camp to social media sites.
3. If you have friends with elementary children, please encourage them to join the camp.
Thanks for all you do to support West Ottawa Tennis.